I've Done My Research, Now What?
Whether you are a student preparing to publish your first paper, an early-career researcher hoping to polish your publishing skills, or if you just have questions about the publishing process, then this interactive “how to” session is for you. Learn the fundamentals of successful scientific publishing from MRS journal Editors-in-Chief. Not only are they leading researchers in their fields, but they share a dedication to high-quality content, editorial integrity and scientific scholarship.
- Linda S. Schadler, Associate Editor, Journal of Materials Research
- Rigoberto C. Advincula, Editor-in-Chief, MRS Communications
- David F. Bahr, Editor-in-Chief, MRS Advances
- Gary L. Messing, Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Materials Research
Presented in partnership with Cambridge University Press, the session will focus on:
- How to select a journal
- A primer of article types—research articles, review articles, letters and more
- How to write a clear title and abstract
- What to expect from the peer review process
- Common pitfalls and how to avoid them
The session will conclude with a question and answer segment. Come prepared to join the discussion and ask your publishing questions.
To learn more about MRS publications and how they might fit your publishing needs, visit the MRS/Cambridge Publications Booth 100 in PCC North, 300 Level, Halls C–E—Exhibit.