2, Center for High Pressure Science and Technology Advanced Research, Shanghai, , China
The ferroelectrics nanostructures have numerous applications such as the electronic, magnetoelectric, photovoltaic, actuator and the nonvolatile memory ones [1-7]. For them, the stress-induced multi-phase coexistence such as morphtropic phase boundary (MPB) and thermaltropic phae boundary (TPB) can dramatically enhance their piezoelectricity and flexibility [2,5], leading to attractive potential applications. To understand the mechanism of the stress-induced multi-phase coexistence, we performed high-pressure in-situ transmission electron microscopy (TEM) and Diamond Anvil Cell (DAC) Raman scattering studies, on the series of nanometer free-standing single crystal (i.e clamping-effect-free and dislocation-free) samples prepared by an improved FIB methods.
This work has been supported by the Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province,China (Grant No.BK20151382) , and the National Center for Electron Microscopy of Molecular Foundry at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, for the support under the DOE Grant for user facilities.
1. G. Catalan, J. Seidel, R. Ramesh, J. F. Scott, Rev. Modern Phys. 84, 119 (2012)
2. T. T. A. Lummen, et.al. Nat. Comm. 5, 3172 (2014).
3. M. Dawber, K. M. Rabe, J. F. Scott, Rev. Mod. Phys., 77, 1083 (2005).
4. J. F. Scott, Science 315, 954 (2007).
5. H. Lu, C. W. Bark, D. Esque de los Ojos, J. Alcala, C. B. Eom, G. Catalan, A. Gruverman, Science, 336, 59 (2012).
6. Y. L. Tang,Y. L. Zhu,X. L. Ma,S. J. Pennycook, et. al. Science 348, 547 (2015 ).
7. C. T. Nelson, P. Gao, J. R. Jokisaari, C. Heikes, C. Adamo, A. Melville, S. Baek, C. M. Folkman, B. Winchester, Y. Gu, Y. Liu, K. Zhang, E. Wang, J. Li, L. Q. Chen, C. B. Eom, D. G. Schlom, X. Q. Pan, Science 334, 968 (2011).