Crystalline silicon solar cells have been the mainstream of photovoltaic market during the past decade (over 85-90%, 93.7% in 2016), and will continue to be next ten or even more years. This invited talk presents our research progress on crystalline silicon (both single crystalline silicon (c-Si) and multi-crystalline silicon (mc-Si)) solar cells in collaboration with local industrial partners. We will show our achievements in diamond wire sawn p-type mc-Si solar cells, p-type PERC (passivated emitter and rear contact) solar cells, n-type PERT (passivated emitter, rear totally-diffused) bifacial c-Si solar cells, and a-Si/(n-type)c-Si heterojunction solar cells, as well as n-type Si back-junction back-contact solar cells. The talk will also concern the recent hot topics of ultrathin c-Si solar cells and perovskite/c-Si tandem solar cells.
This work was supported by the Natural Science Foundation of China (61234005, 11474201 and 11674225), and the National Major Basic Research Project (2012CB934302).
1. F. Zhou, H. Liu, X. W. Wang, and W. Z. Shen, Advanced Functional Materials 27, 1606156-(1-14) (2017) Inside front cover paper.
2. S. H. Zhong, W. J. Wang, M. Tan, Y. F. Zhuang, and W. Z. Shen, Advanced Science 4, 1700200-(1-9) (2017).
3. G. L. Lu, J. Q. Wang, Z. Y. Qian, and W. Z. Shen, Progress in Photovoltaics: Research & Application 25, 441-451 (2017).
4. G. L. Lu, F. Zheng, J. Q. Wang, and W. Z. Shen, Progress in Photovoltaics: Research & Application 25, 280-290 (2017) Cover paper.
5. Z. G. Huang, X. M. Song, S. H. Zhong, H. Y Xu, W. X. Luo, X. D. Zhu, and W. Z. Shen, Advanced Functional Materials 26, 1892-1898 (2016).
6. S. H. Zhong, W. J. Wang, Y. F. Zhuang, Z. G. Huang, and W. Z. Shen, Advanced Functional Materials 26, 4768-4777 (2016).
7. Y. F. Zhuang, S. H. Zhong, Z. G. Huang, and W. Z. Shen, Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells 153, 18-24 (2016).
8. D. Shi, Y. Zeng, and W. Z. Shen, Scientific Reports 5, 16504-(1-10) (2015).
9. S. H. Zhong, Z. G. Huang, X. X. Lin, Y. Zeng, Y. C. Ma, and W. Z. Shen, Advanced Materials 27, 555-561 (2015).
10. Z. G. Huang, S. H. Zhong, X. Hua, X. X. Lin, X.Y. Kong, N. Dai, and W. Z. Shen, Progress in Photovoltaics: Research & Application 23, 964-972 (2015).
11. W. Z. Shen and Z. P. Li, Physics and devices of silicon heterojunction solar cells, Scientific Press, Beijing, 2014, ISBN: 978-7-03-041514-1 [monograph].